TruFree Chocolate Fingers

Today I have a guest columnist -  my "long suffering" husband (his description, not mine) Mr D. He is currently in my bad books as I will let him explain.

A review by Non Gluten Free Mr D
I’m in trouble.  The kind of wife trouble that lingers and no matter what is done you know will take a couple of days. My sin; I polished off both packets of chocolate fingers that were in the cupboard. I know, now.

Apparently they were sent to Mrs D by the nice people at TruFree and they were gluten free. 

To be honest I have a high degree of suspicion about gluten free products that are normally made with gluten. There must be a reason why somebody wishes to make a product with gluten and surely its usually because it tastes better.

My sin has educated me. I had no idea that these chocolate fingers were gluten free. There are some products that you just look at the picture on the packet and that’s it, job done. Chocolate figures are a prime example. For me there is no need to look at the small print as fortunately I do not have any food allergies. Just open the packet and take one. Follow that by a handful, and another and now you see why I am in trouble.

Those clever people at TruFree have done what I had thought would be impossible. They have produced a product that is actually better gluten free. I remember childhood treats of chocolate fingers, now reminisced only on occasions in meetings where the increasingly rare biscuit plate is passed around.

The soft luxurious chocolate that thickly coats each finger provides a limited period of holding before mouth action is required to prevent your fingers becoming chocolately. The first few I crunched but then I discovered that left in the mouth the chocolate melts and the biscuit then follows in a kind of Malteser type of way. That is the way it should be.

I have discovered that there are some excellent gluten free treats out there and these clever people at TruFree have done a brilliant job at beating the standard product. There goes another preconceived idea.

Fortunately I was allowed to buy another pack as Mrs D said that she needed a photo to go with my review.  Naughty me.


 Mr D


Comments

  1. Oh dear oh dear - you can't take all the good snacks! I quite fancy one of those myself now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're definitely worth looking out for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heee heee heee! Great update :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheheheheeee, replace those, and learn to read labels next time, please! I am Celiac, so I have learnt to appreciate whatever Gluten Free snack/food/whatever I find, regadless of taste. The other day I stumbled upon some GF pizza. May not have tasted like 'real pizza' to anyone who can eat normal pizza, but to me, I was in absolute heaven with every bite :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Debra, thanks for stopping by - glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karolina, Thanks for your comment! Whereabouts did you find your GF pizza? If you check back later this week my blog post about an amazing gluten free pizza I enjoyed in Milan will be up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment