M&S Gluten Free Bread: White Rolls

To much delight amongst the gluten free community, Marks and Spencer have finally got their act together and brought out some gluten free products.

The M&S gluten free range contains plenty of sweet treats which I'm not particularly taken with but they have two product lines that I was keen to try. White baps and a brown seeded loaf.



First up, the white baps (hard to type without thoughts of 'Carry On' films!)



I had the roll with gluten free sausages, onions slowly fried with balsamic vinegar and lashings of ketchup.



Sadly my initial overwhelming joy at being able to have sausages or burgers in a gluten free roll (just looking at that photo is making me hungry) began to fade as I ate. The bap was simply too crumbly. Regular readers will know I don't usually like white bread but in this case a sugary flavour wasn't the problem, the roll disintegrating in my hands was.

Would I buy them again? Probably, but this is more a reflection of a gap in the market for gluten free rolls than the quality of the M&S white baps.

Next up...M&S brown seeded loaf.

Gluten Free Mrs D

Comments