Mary's Gone Crackers...Organic Gluten Free Herb Crackers

I've heard of the "Mary's Gone Crackers" brand before from my Stateside gluten free friends and thought the brand name was pretty cool.

When I came across a pack of their herb organic wheat free / gluten free crispy crackers I thought I'd give them a try.

I like that the crackers are crammed full of brown rice, quinoa, flax seeds and sesame seeds which are all certified organic.


How did they taste? They were very crispy, thin and had a nutty taste. Although they're not at all sweet for some reason they reminded me of Florentine biscuits, I don't know why because they didn't taste like them but they did!


So any drawbacks? Well, yes. Two. They come in a huge packet which is great if you're going to have a party and use them to dip into hummus, have topped with tapenade or tomato salsa...But I'd you just want a couple then the rest are likely to go lose their delicious crispiness before you eat them.

The other issue? Well, I don't know how much these crackers retail for in their native US, but the health store I bought them from charged me £4.99. Yes. £4.99 for 184g of crackers!! Is it just me, or is that excessive? I hadn't bothered to check the price, imagining them to be around the £2 to £3 price mark. I don't know about 'Mary going crackers' but certainly Mrs D felt a bit crackers paying over the odds!

I would buy these again but only if I was having a party and knew they'd get eaten before they lost their crispiness and even then only if I can find them cheaper in another store.


Gluten Free Mrs D

Comments